Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Highly Recommended: CTS4 for snowy driving...

I've spent the last few days in Minnesota dealing with snowy roads in one of my favorite rentals, a Cadillac CTS4 with the 3.6 liter engine.

I rented one of these exact cars last Christmas and drove in similar conditions around Michigan and chicago. Both times, the cars AWD Traction Control System has really impressed me with its ability to keep the car moving smoothly, and not very slowly, on fresh snow covered, slushy or packed snow encrusted roads. Unlike some over similar systems, the Caddy doesn't completely kill the power to the wheels and make you feel like you're being punished when it kicks in.

This week confirms that, in my opinion, the CTS4 is probably the best sedan for this type of driving... Sorry Audi.

-RJP
Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

1 comment:

  1. What other sedans have you tried in this role? I'm looking for an AWD car/SUV currently for use in snow.
    thanks,

    ReplyDelete