Monday, November 8, 2010

Staying near the airport has its advantages...

I've stayed in the Orlando Airport Marriott a few times over the years. My main memories of the place include a few nights at the bar with friends and sitting by the pool in 2006 working on my first book... but, today I am happier to be here than ever. Sure, the rooms are nice, the bar is decent and the pool is pretty cool... but the fact that is it about 500 meters from the airport property is the key feature tonight.

Turns out that I need to fly out at 730 PM tonight, not 730 AM tomorrow (yes, this does happen more often than you would think...)....  36 hours in Orlando just became 24 and I'm soon heading off to Tulsa.

I was in town for a conference which started at 8am.  Did a morning session presentation and an afternoon presentation... a quick stop at the hotel to blog & pack and then I'm out.

I chose to start this blog during an amazing week of awesomeness... but most days aren't spent at world class hotels and eating in 5 Star Restaurants. Today was much more typical! Nutrition consisted of two bottles of water, a Sobe drink, a red bull, a cup of coffee, a cheeseburger from a cart and a MetRx bar..... I'll probably add to that banquet at the airport, but it isn't likely to be worth blogging about!

Efficiency is necessary when keeping this kind of pace. Staying near the airport (and airports that have car rental pickup/return actually at the terminal) is vital sometimes.

-RJP

Hotel:
Orlando Airport Marriott


Restaurant:
7-Eleven and a cart with no name.

No comments:

Post a Comment